Being bilingual represents greater opportunities to compete in the workplace, professionally and personally, which leads to competitiveness, trust and excellence for the individual, his / her workplace and country. Through this proposal, the Languages Institute aims to increase the spaces and possibilities that the educational community has to practice, reinforce and even enhance their English level through academic and ludic activities.
What is the purpose of this day?
- To create spaces to promote and understand the importance of English today.
- To allow the university community to participate in activities that call for integration, recreation and understanding of current cultural, academic and scientific contexts.
- To foster environments in which the entire university community is involved in an internationalization process through the use of English as a foreign language.
- To motivate the community through playful, cognitive and academic activities in order to generate a closer approach to the English language.
- October 18th, 2017
What kind of activities will you find?
- Trivia Hunts: A space for students and employees to bring their friends or colleagues and be part of a breathtaking and enjoyable game in which teams try to locate different stations to answer a question or develop a task in regards to the environment and the winner being the team returning first with all the tasks completed correctly.
- Let’s promise to preserve the environment conference led by Professor Mario Gandini.
- Test your Knowledge contest led by the Engineering Faculty.
- Fun walls will be at UAO to participate through ludic games and find out how much you know about taking care of the environment.
Who can participate?
- All the UAO community is invited to be part of the English Day.
Who will sponsor the English Day?
- Languages Institute
- Human Resources
- Engineering Faculty